Thursday 16 February 2012

Delicious brownie recipe

Its been a while since I posted a recipe. And these brownies are so good that it would be rude of me not to share. My friend made them at the weekend, thank you Amy! 


Since then, me and Luke have made them, we are in love! 
Its a Hummingbird recipe, and we all know that Hummingbird cakes etc are ahhh-ma-zing!


So here it is. Now try not to gorge on them like I have been doing, I know, I know, there too good not to just eat them all! 






You will need:

A baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper
200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped (we used a mixture of dark, milk & white.)
175g unsalted butter
325g caster sugar (we used granulated, made no difference)
130g plain flour
3 eggs
icing sugar, to decorate
How to:
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Leave until melted and smooth.
3. Remove from the heat. Add the sugar and stir until well incorporated. Add the flour and stir until well incorporated. Finally, stir in the eggs and mix until thick and smooth.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until flaky on the top but still soft in the centre. Don't overcook or the edges will go all hard and crusty (gross!) 
Now enjoy these little pieces of chocolate heaven. You can add nuts or marshmallows if you fancy it. You could even just make a whitey (Just use all white chocolate, thats what me and Luke are trying next-yum!)
Let me know if you try them.... MAKE THEM! Your missing out otherwise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, make me smile!