The new year is always an interesting one. Everyone's feelings are different. Your either happy or depressed. You've either had a great year or a bad one. You say that 2011 will be your year, but how do you know? Do things really change? Will you change? We all make new resolutions, or are they just attempts at things we should have done the last year. I am no different. 2010 was an amazing year, I got married, I started university and began the rest of my life.
I want 2011 to be even better, and the only way that is going to happen is if I make it happen. I want to have experiences that I will be able to tell my children when I'm old. Being young and married doesn't mean my life is over, it doesn't mean that i will no longer have exciting adventures and it for sure doesn't mean that i have had no major experiences.
My last 19 years have been amazing, I have had so many fun times with my friends and family and I have grown into the person I am today due to them. I love you guys. However, I am looking forward to the rest of my life with Luke. He will be the one that I share all my experiences with, to be fair, he'll probably be in most of them.
My New Years Resolutions:
1. Start exercising- I use to play Netball, go to dance classes, participate in more things that just TV. Somehow I have gotten lazy, and thats not okay. This is going change. Bring on running and workout videos.
2. In relation to exercise, me and Luke are going to have a more healthy lifestyle. That means cut down on sugar and fat (which isn't easy considering i work at Dominos, hello free pizza?!) Also means going to bed earlier and drinking other stuff that squash and coke!
3. I'm going to cook my way through my recipe books (Barefoot Contessa and Jamie Oliver 30 Minute meals) I love Ina Garten. She is amazing. And some of her recipes make me drool just reading them. Thank you mother for buying it for us!
4. I am going to read the Book of Mormon all the way through. I need to be better with reading it. Again, its down to laziness!
5. Me and Luke are going to save a little bit of money each month. With us being students and married, on lets say, not the best wages ever... bills coming out of our ears isn't easy.
6. Keep a journal. I need to start writing things down, my memory isn't the best and i would like to have something to hold all my memories. So i spoilt myself with a Cath Kidston notebook to begin my journal with.
I hope you all have resolutions that will be more than attempts!
NYE Hyde Park 08
These girls are my sisters.