Monday 3 January 2011

A Slumbering Giant

Sleeping is a funny thing. I love sleeping, I could do it all day if Luke would let me. And thats just the thing. He doesn't let me sleep. And I'm not on about when I strewn across both sides of the bed until 11AM, whilst he studies or works. (I'm such a lazy wife) I'm on about when we are both lying in bed sleeping and he decides to wake up and shout random statements or even like last night... head butts me in my nose!! Yes he head butted me! Don't get me wrong I have had my fair share of crazy sleepers. I once went to a sleepover and this girl was having a fist fight with someone in her sleep.. stomping around the room and talking to doors. I have slept in the same bed with my best friend who had conversations with me in her sleep, talks about random men. And I have also been the crazy one who shouted her brothers name over and over again until he woke up in the next room, and yes I was sound asleep, and didn't even remember it the next morning.

Somehow its different when its most nights and Luke tosses and turns all the time, snores like a fog horn and shouts things like "Where have all the pumpkins gone?" and "I don't want to go back to sleep as the cats will get me." Its like he wants me to not get any sleep and moans when I get annoyed at him. Gotta love him.
Bless him, he is so cute! 


I just hope in 40 years time he would have grown out of sleep talking, snoring and abusing me in the face. And if he hasn't learnt by then, he'll have to learn to sleep on the sofa but I'm hoping in 40 years i'll be deaf from old age. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, make me smile!