Wednesday 21 September 2011

21092011

We've had such a lovely summer. It has to be said that a summer that was meant to full of working and weddings turned out to be much more than that. We've had such great days out or weekends away, be it with friends or family. I never say enough how grateful I am for my friends and family. We've been to Scotland, The Peak District, East Sussex, Leeds, Watford, Reading, London, St Albans, Dominican Republic, Northampton and many more places. So for us just staying in Derby worked out really well. 
We've loved every minute of it. 

We've also been able to celebrate our one year anniversary this summer, I wrote a post about it the other week but have only just managed to get pictures uploaded. 

Enjoy.
Luke didn't do cards until he met me..

Tuscan lemon chicken. Barefoot style.
It was unbelievable. 

Reppin' the Christmas napkins still

Nom nom nom...
And on sunday we were able to go visit our niece and nephew (Luke's brother and his wife, definitely not my brothers babies!) I love them! It usually takes Jake a while to warm up to us as he doesn't see us that often but not today, he was all over us. He had luke jumping all over the living room playing with him and letting me give him sloppy kisses.. he enjoyed them really. Little meg was in a bit of a grump but still got a few cuddles out of her as she was bum-shuffling around the table. I didn't get any pictures as again I'm lame at the moment with my camera action, but here's a few old ones. Don't be deceived, they've grown up a lot. 

Aren't they the cutest! 

On Monday we were able to enjoy a nice bike ride with some of our friends, the Roses and their kiddies. It was a 9.5 mile bike ride, and my parents would testify this to you all, I am not good on my bike. if you remember, me and Luke went on a little bike ride at the beginning of summer, after 30 minutes my bum hurt and I was shouting at Luke about not being told how to ride my bike, it ended well I assure you. 
Luckily this time, I didn't shout at anybody and did enjoy it, however, I'm sure Adam and Helen think I'm lying. HONEST! I ENJOYED IT! The only things I didn't like were the hills but who actually likes hills on a bike anyway! And now we are looking forward to a couples night on saturday, yes you heard it, I actually have a saturday night off, even if I have to work the day shift instead.

Husband is not well though, he is a poorly little puppy. I think the cold got to him when we went cycling and I don't think the amount of hours he has to work helps either. Nevertheless, he is all tucked up in bed now with his hoodie on and his wife is here to nurse him back to health. Bless his little woolly cotton socks! 

Oooooohh ohhhhhh one last thing. Husband and I have started a new TV series. The West Wing. It is so good! And good news, Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives start up again next week, wahoooo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, make me smile!