Thursday 31 January 2013

THEY TOOK MY TOOTH!

This was my reaction for about an hour or so after they yanked out my wisdom tooth.

Last wednesday, I had an emergency appointment with my dentist because I had been experiencing horrible and painful toothache for about 3 days. I don't know what i was expecting but it definitely didn't end with me losing my precious tooth.

Our dentist is a very in and out dentist. 10 minutes it took for me to sit in the chair and then walk out the door, toothless!

She looked at my tooth, and went "Yep, we can take that out"

My reply, "errrrr really? Well I'm pregnant, does that change things?"

UM NO!

Thats all she said. She assured me that the needles were safe for the baby and that it would be a bit uncomfortable.

Being the worry wart that I am, I kept repeating.. "it's safe for the baby? Your sure? like it's fine? Ok, well as long as it's safe for the baby, nothings going to affect the baby?!"

We got Luke in to hold my hand, I have never had any needles in my mouth before (I hate needles. Full stop!)

He said that my face was a picture when I was lowered back into the chair. I was scared out of my mind.

Now, she said uncomfortable, all I felt was pure pain as she shoved TWO needles into my mouth. The extracting of the tooth wasn't bad, I just felt pressure but the needles, man they tasted rank!

Those 10 minutes were quite traumatic for me!

However, my gap where my precious tooth once sat is all healed, well healing.

All I can say, one perk of being pregnant: Free dental care.
One major downside: It messes your teeth up big time.

It's no wonder they give us it for free.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, make me smile!