Thursday 10 July 2014

Kid-friendly Vegetable Nuggets.

It has been a while since i've posted a recipe, but this one I HAD to share for you all mama's with babies that are self-feeding or being weaned! Florence adores these little nuggets! 

I found it on a website but adapt it ever so slightly. 





Cheesy Vegetable Nuggets

8 oz (1 cup) frozen broccoli florets and cauliflower
4 oz (1 cup) dry breadcrumbs (homemade breadcrumbs work too!)
6 oz (1 1/2 cups) Cheddar, grated
2 1/2 tbsp water
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Pepper



Heat the oven to 375 deg F, 190 deg C.
Cook the vegetable, then drain and chop well.
Combine with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Form the mixture into nugget shapes and place on a greased baking tray, I used a 12 holed-yorkshire pudding tray. Press down with back of spoon, just to flatten the top.  
Bake for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through the cooking time.
Serve warm.


There are sooo many variations. I've made them before with broccoli and peas. I've added mashed potato into the mix to give it a bit more stability. I guess it all depends what stage your baby is at to what vegetables you could add. Use your imagination! 
Florence has just devoured 5 little nuggets in the space of 5 minutes. I find it a super easy way to cram her full of veggies but give her a bit more adult-like food rather than all mush! 
I've linked the website where they have tons more ideas to have a try. 




Hope your little ones enjoy them! They couldn't be easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, make me smile!